What is CELTA?
Quite simply, the CELTA - Certification in English Language Teaching to Adults - is a widely recognized English language teaching certification. The CELTA training qualification offered by IH San Diego is accredited by Cambridge ESOL and thus opens doors to quality language teaching positions around the world.
While this is an introductory course initially designed for people with little-to-no English language teaching experience, it is also beneficial for experienced teachers who do not hold a language teaching certification. Additionally, non-native English speakers* may enroll to advance their language skills, build self-confidence and develop as teacher.
Refer to ‘terms and conditions’ for English proficiency qualifications for non-native applicants.
Students enrolled in the CELTA course learn the systematic teaching methods of English accredited by the University of Cambridge. The course syllabus consists of five broad topic modules including:
- 1) learners and teachers and the teaching and learning context;
- 2) language analysis and awareness;
- 3) language skills (reading, listening, speaking and writing);
- 4) planning and resources for different teaching contexts; and
- 5) developing teaching skills and professionalism.
Finally, this course includes simulated lessons where students facilitate classes based on the contents learned in the course.
- Note: if the number of applicants does not reach the minimum number of participants, the course may be canceled.
|Terms and conditions||IH level 6 ： CEFR C1/C2 level (TOEFL-iBT 110-120)|
|2019 Course Dates||3/4〜3/29、4/8〜5/3、9/9〜10/4、10/14〜11/8|